Sunday, December 14, 2008

Why do I do things?

An Important Decision
(I wrote this when I decided to go back to college in
2004/2005 for my undergraduate degree
..which I need to finish)

One of the most important decisions I have made was going back to school. Having made this decision a lot of personal changes would need to occur. Before making this decision I managed my time ineffectively. Upon realizing this I found out time management is important because others are affected when managed poorly. If done ineffectively duties get neglected or someone else has to do them. When time is managed poorly it might leave you with less study time which can cause grades in classes not to be as good as they could. When time is managed properly long-term success can be achieved. In order to be successful in school I had to learn good study habits. Good study habits can improve your grades and let you set higher goals. One of the many benefits for achieving good study habits is good grades. The decision to go back to school caused many changes in my life. My general outlook on life changed. My attitude changed and allowed me to set my life goals higher. After starting school I realized that I would be making a change from blue-collar worker to a white-collar professional. My classes will prepare me for these changes that are occurring. Changes in decision making ability and improving my mind will help make me a better parent. I will also become self-reliant and more self-motivated. Achieving success will make bigger goals possible. After I started school again I realized my communication skills needed improvement. Because of my decision to go back to school, they will be more developed. My ability to work and relate with other people will improve. Writing to and speaking with others will be easier.
This decision will make improvements in my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment